Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Best Friend


I don't want to get too sentimental, but I wanted to let everyone know about my best friend- Roger. Some of my friends may have met him, but most of you have not. He was my older brother and the only dog I have really got along with. When Mom and Dad brought me home, Roger was my mentor. He taught me all the ways of the Basset Hound and although he is resting over Rainbow Bridge, I will never forget him. This picture is Dad's all-time favorite; he said it sums us up. Not sure what that means, but I assume it means I am a "spaz" and Roger was the calm and intellectual one. Anyways, this was us and I sure do miss my big brother Roger.

For my big brother,
Roscoe

1 comment:

  1. Hey RP!

    I remember my mom telling me about your big brother. (And my big brother, Jock, telling me about him too...I think they used to compare antique cars and single malt scotch while sitting in their velvet smoking jackets). She and my dad loved snuggling with him too.

    Really cool picture. You look like you are having fun. Roger looks like he was trying to decide if he was going to volunteer at the Basset Rescue or the Children's Hospital. Such a giver.

    Your Pal,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete